Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm back.

A blog is a lot like a friend. It helps you reflect when you're struggling to find clarity, it's always there when you need to vent, and sometimes, when you haven't talked in a while, the longer you put it off, the harder it becomes to call. And then you wait longer because you don't know where to begin, or what excuse to make for not staying in touch. It's a terrible feeling. But what's worse, is that like any good friend, it won't matter how long it's been, you can call anytime, and just pick up where you left off.

That's where I've been with this blog, not knowing where or how to begin. There have been many, MANY times in the last several months that I've wanted to write. I've started numerous drafts, but for some reason, they have never felt good enough. After being away for so long, the first post back should be magical and somehow effectively recap the last 6 months in concise and witty prose.

It's gotten to the point however, that pride aside, I just want to be writing again! So here I am. No recaps in this post, just a starting point. There will be lots of posts head to flesh out the last 6 (great) months of life and all the exciting things to come. But for now, this is it. I'm back :)