Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Fresh Look

"Your soul is two tigers. One is Evil. It is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego. The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The one that grows, is the one you feed"

A fresh new look for the Turning Page to go hand-in-hand with my fresh new outlook on life. It all starts with baby steps, and one by one, I'm heading in a new direction, a direction laced with positive thinking and a "can do" attitude. No more failing to believe in myself or being too afraid of falling on my face to try. You can waste a life that way.

I don't want to look back on these years of youth and vigor, having no daring stories to share or experiences to draw from. I want to live, fully. My soul longs for freedom from my own self doubt. So I'm changing my tune, because sometimes, when you face just one act you truly fear, even if handled without quite the grace you imagined, you realize you have the courage to face so much more, that you are stronger than you think, that all you lack is the decision to act.

It's time to act. It's time to feed the tiger.


No comments: