Friday, July 2, 2010

We're down to days!




43 days in fact! With each passing day, I am one step closer to MRS. Very weird. I have really loved the whole wedding process, probably due to the fact that it plays up my strengths, planning, crafting, planning, writing neatly, planning, more crafting...

Apart from all the planning, I have also been prepping myself emotionally for marriage (seemed like a good thing to do), and for what it means to be commit yourself to one person, forever and ever. At first I was scared. But I learned to trust. Now, as the day approaches and the reasons to be stressed increase exponentially, I am frequently shocked by the (strangely pleasant) voices in my head.

Instead of the brainwaves veering down "crazy road" which usually ends with me in an emotional state of self-loathing, they have gently pushed me back on the, "relax you're getting married. It won't matter if the (insert wedding detail) doesn't get completed, or if you have a zit, of if you don't reach that super critical 5 lb. weight loss goal. You're marrying GC, you love him, and life at the moment, really couldn't be better" straight and narrow. It's a startlingly refreshing state of mind.

The details will work themselves out. The people we love will be there, and for any family drama, I've got my sisters and bridesmaids to pass out the cocktails and tell everyone to relax already. If that doesn't work, they are also accomplished (but very sexy) bouncers and will kick those asses to the curb!

For the next several weeks, it will be nothing but parties (like this lovely shower thrown by my future sister-in-law)...




Mini-craft projects with my mom and friends...



Dress fittings... (no peeking until the big day!)

Makeup and hair fun (see entertaining in-progress picture below)...


And other really fun, wedding related activities :)

Happy 4th of July to you all!

No comments: